Written by Gordon Trites, a 2015 Galbraith winner from the University of Toronto.
Students will understand that using salt on roads and sidewalks in the winter makes transportation safer and easier for drivers and pedestrians.
Students will be able to
- Identify the four seasons in relation to temperature and time of year (calendar).
- Identify matter as being solid or liquid based on properties and characteristics.
- Read and record temperature using a thermometer.
- Develop and test a hypothesis.
- Compare the effects of different solids on ice/water.