In Canada, GHS does not replace WHMIS. Instead, WHMIS 2015 aligns the two systems. This includes:
• New classification rules and hazard classes
• New hazard pictograms
• New supplier labels
• New format for the Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Learn more about WHMIS 2015 in this video.
November 25th marks the 100th birthday of Alberta Einstein’s theory of General Relativity
Thanks to the Globe and Mail
- The particle theory of matter helps to explain the physical characteristics of matter.
- Matter can be classified according to its physical characteristics.
Inquiry Skills Used
This is a scientific inquiry/investigation, not research.
Wear goggles for the mixing of the rice and salt as well as the Where to Go from Here, rubbing alcohol and water extension.
This activity helps to illustrate the particle theory and how it applies to solutions. Some earlier work using the particle theory is a prerequisite.
Python Thanksgiving, Canuckosaur?, Ultralight gold, and Mars with ring? – just a few of the cool stories in today’s eclectic collection of SciNews that are guaranteed to get your students excited about science.
Are you new to using Twitter as part of your Professional Learning Network?
These blogs will help ease you into the experience.
(1) This is version 4 of Brandon Grasley’s excellent blog series. “How I Use Twitter Professionally”
(2) Join an education chat. Click here for the link to the official education chat list.
(3) Get started with this list of the best resources for do-it-yourself PD. “DIY PD: Resource Roundup”
(4) Simple tips on how to grow your PLN and improve the quality of your interactions with other educators to advance your craft. “20 Tips for Creating a PLN”
Niemi, M. B. (2009). Placebo Effect: A Cure in the Mind: Scientific American.Placebo Effect: A Cure in the Mind: Scientific American.
Price, D. D., Finniss, D. G., & Benedetti, F. (2008). A comprehensive review of the placebo effect: recent advances and current thought. Annu. Rev. Psychol.,59, 565-590.
Finniss, D. G., Kaptchuk, T. J., Miller, F., & Benedetti, F. (2010). Biological, clinical, and ethical advances of placebo effects. The Lancet, 375(9715), 686-695.
Marchant, J. (2015). Strong placebo response thwarts painkiller trials. Nature News http://www.nature.com/news/strong-pla…